Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thneeds



This is kind of a big deal, or should I say "heal"! I just can't contain myself, I just learned how to turn the heal of a sock! I can't believe that I pretty much got it right on my first try.

I just got some new knitting needles from Knit Picks ( size 4 interchangeable circulars) and I was playing with the "magic loop" method of knitting in the round, when I thought, hey, this would be a good time to practice turning a heal. Nah Nah! This process has always been very intimidating, yet I knew I would have to concur this fear to get to sock making heaven.

I am just really happy right now, most of the time when I knit something it starts out as a "thneed" (a fine something that all people need) and ends up a "UFO", (unfinished object). I have a lot of these hovering around my house. So just maybe with this little bit of knowledge my first pair of socks wont end up as "sweet spirits".

3 comments:

nat said...

my dear maudie jane,
i am so proud of you for even attempting such a feat!

KickButtMommy said...

I am seriously impressed Camille! Hey I made my blog private but just need your email to invite you! Can you send it to me!

Jiles Pfamily said...

good work! you are might be a better pioneer than elin.