Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jazz vs Pacers

Last week I had the rare opportunity to go to a Jazz Game as an "honorary coach". All this really means is that I had a great seat down right behind the players. I posted a couple of pics straight from the game as seen in some earlier postings, but I didn't really get a chance to add much detail. StoresOnline, where I work, is a sponsor of the Jazz and they have a few promotional deals. So the day before the game, my boss asked me if I wanted tickets. I was like, sure! Then he mentioned that...by the way, you are going to be the honorary coach. I had no idea what he was talking about but it sounded cool. So I basically had a pair of tickets on the 21st row for 2 guests, and then I would be sitting down with the players. Camille and Erin took the 21st row, they also had a Sports Club pass which got them into a fancy pre-game buffet. I missed out on that part but it was worth it to be able to have such a great seat. See the slideshow below or view the Picasa gallery here. The Jazz were ahead by 20 to 30 points the whole game so it wasn't as tense as it probably usually is. But it was still great fun to feel like a part of the action. Andre Kirilenko did not play but he sat right next to me so that was pretty cool.

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like quite the event!

Jen Howick said...

man, you get a lot of cool perks from storesonline! very cool you guys!