Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Mommy, Bad Mommy

As I have been very barfy and yucky lately there has been a lot of knittin' going on. I am working on a little poncho for Jane, though I guess if I really wanted to keep her warm I could just put a zipper in the freakin' sweater that I already made her. Whatever, I can't help myself this is new yummy green yarn and it was begging to be knit into a poncho.

I have ulterior motives for making this for Jane however. If it works out I am going to knit myself one in this rad burnt orange color, or maybe a steely gray, well we will see if that ever happens. I had to include a picture of the yarn in all it's soft and fluffy hanky-ness too, though it is a pain to wind into a ball because I don't have a swift.

There was a bit of sadness as well, Josh sliced his finger on a rotary cutter, (how he found it, I don't know) it wasn't a big cut, only about 1/3rd of an inch but it looked deep. It was very sad, though Josh didn't cry until we put pressure on the cut. Needless to say there was a lot of blood and this picture shows my sweet sweet wrapping skills.

We ended up taking him to the doctor because it wouldn't stop bleeding and I didn't know how deep it was. Of course by the time we got there it had stopped, so naughty mommy that I am, I signed us up for flu shots too and Josh had his finger glued shut.

4 comments:

l i z said...

that's some sweet sweet wrappin'...

and some sweet knittin' too!

KickButtMommy said...

Poor Josh. I love the green.

miss kitti said...

Dude, that is one sweet wrap job. I'm sorry for the pain. Poor guy. Way to sneak in the shots, though.

Dorri said...

stick to the knitting. Love the look on his face. Totally need to do the flu shots too, but I have to do in on day Mr. Man can come help hold the little ones down while they get the shot.