Thursday, July 21, 2011

Well, There's Nothing Like Experimenting

I made a few citronella candles today to combat the mosquito issue that plagues us nightly on the deck. I don't really know what I am doing, so I hope the online tutorial that I used for this project doesn't lead me astray. I was really surprised how easy it was to make candles. It seems like the many times that I have tried in my early teens to make candles (without my parents knowledge) it always went horribly wrong. I'm pretty sure that was how the orange wax stain on the blue carpet leading from the house to my garage bedroom got there.
Now there are these great little bags that act as a double boiler so the clean up is minimal. Anyway I am excited to see if these bad boys work!

1 comment:

Grandma F said...

Again Camille you are amazing! Is there anything you Can't do?