Friday, August 6, 2010

Action Bonnet


This little bonnet is for my sister Kitti as she is due to have a wee girl toward the end of October. I found the picture below on the Knitpicks website and I just started knitting. I love hats with ears especially on babies. I have a few other bonnets made, one I need to add ears to and a green one I need to add alien eyes to. We will see if that actually happens. For this one I could not resist making a little flower with a curly stem coming off the back. I have been knitting with either pure cotton or a cotton acrylic mix, the little ones don't usually take too kindly to wool and I love how soft cotton yarns can be.

I have been knitting up a storm lately which is odd for me in the summer months. Maybe I am sensing the cold already and that my loved ones will need the knitted items to keep warm this winter. I'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

miss kitti said...

Dude. Sweetest. Hat. Evah. You're the best.