Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Old McDonald


The twinners and I went to Home Depot a few days ago to get our garden started early this year, well compared to last years late-ish start. I have been saving large yogurt containers all year for just this reason, I'm starting indoors this year. To be honest I have no idea when I'm supposed to start sprouting said seeds. I could be seriously embarrassing myself in front the "home garden" community with my lack of know how, but whatev.

I'm just going to give it a whirl and see what happens. I'm excited though, I have all kinds of tomato seeds to start inside and soon will be procuring pepper seeds as well. We picked up some potting soil and some cow poop to get us started.

Last year my garden was very successful but quite unruly with it's twenty seven tomato plants and meandering gourd population. We are going for simplicity this year as I will also have a man child to care for in addition to the twins. So a few herbs, maybe seven or eight tomato plants and some small veggie action.

Since my compost dreams died a shameful death, I think I am going to regroup and come up with a better plan than the free for all it turned into last year. Hmm. Anyway, I'm looking forward to warmer weather and some fun garden time with the kids.

No comments: