Wednesday, December 29, 2010

From Provo with Love

So I guess I never finished our Panama trip posts, life once again got in the way and then the holidays hit. I blame the dollhouse, but that's for another post. 

Below is a email to us from my sister-in-law Michele, while we were in Panama and the kids were at her house. Thank you again Michele and all the family that helped out during our trip!

Hi Camille,
 
I'm assuming you can get email down yonder, so I thought I'd share a few funnies from our day with Jane, Josh, and Elliott.
 
First I have to say that I'd be happy to adopt Elliott any time. He is a sweetheart and was absolutely great this weekend. Happy, easy-going, cute and cuddly. He and Andrew got along great. I think there were exactly two times the entire time that they each thought they needed the same thing, and that was over a ball and the fire truck. May I suggest getting him a ride on toy for Christmas or sooner. He really likes Andrew's. He also really likes our dog :) Just saying.
 
Now for the funnies.
 
This afternoon Jane was complaining that Hannah had gone to her room and didn't want to play with her anymore. After a few minutes of listening to Jane's complaints, Josh turned to her and in a very exasperated Camille imitation said, "If you'd just quit heckling her, she might want to play with you again!"
 
Later I was getting ready to make chocolate chip cookies and trying to use this as incentive to get the kids to eat their carrots. I told Jane that I made pretty darn good cookies and I knew she was going to want one. She replied, "My Mom's cookies are better. She makes the bestest cookies."
 
Five year-olds are pretty funny. Jane is doing great; Josh is having a hard time, but if anyone can coax him out of it, Danna can. I hope all is well with you two. Have a great time and don't worry about home. You'll be back soon enough, and we all know how rare and precious couple time is. So, enjoy!
 
Love you guys.
 
Michele

No comments: