Friday, February 22, 2008

:: Tulips and Cookies ::


Jones Family Peanut Butter Cookies

1 ½ cups butter (room temp)
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 egg
1/8 cup water
1 ¾ cups good quality peanut butter (crunchy is the best)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 ¾ cups ap flour
1 ¼ cups quick oats
¾ tsp baking soda
1 ¼ tsp salt (kosher)

Cream the sugars and the butter, add the egg, water and vanilla, mix. Add the peanut butter, mix. Combine the dry ingredients and pour into batter, mix.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes. For under cooked cookies look for a slight browning around the edges before removing or let the cookies get a little darker on top and then remove from the oven.

This recipe is slightly different from the one found in our Family cook book that Lori and Dave compiled. These are my favorite cookies to make and give away; they are filled with so much peanut buttery goodness. Sometimes I put chocolate chips in and, this time we made some plain, some with chocolate chips, and some with chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.

These little packages are all ready to go out to some amazing women in our ward as a thank you. Last weekend I jacked my back up, not too bad but I couldn't go to church and I was supposed to cover someone in nursery but had to call a sub instead.

These two little naughty McGees grabbed cookies (their third ones, but not their last for the day) off the counter after I had stripped off their boots and shoes before coming in the house from our tulip planting expedition. Before I could put everything away and get back into the house they had already gotten to the goods. Oh well.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Those sound SO delicious! Wish I could eat some right now. that pic of the twins is hilarious!

Kallunki Family said...

Yummy - I can't wait to try these. There is almost nothing I love my than peanut butter cookies...except maybe my kids. Oh, and Jared. By the way Camille, Jared told me that you made some AWESOME french onion soup. I'll have to get the recipe. Thanks for feeding my hubby. He had a great time.

Jessica said...

I didn't even know you guys had a blog! How delightful. Josh and Jane are sooo stinking cute.