Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fun with the new Camera

I'm taking a Digital Photography class from the amazing Emilie Campbell and with only one class down I love it. It's reminded me of how much I used to love, love, love photography and how fun it is to play with a camera.

We bought the camera so we would have something to capture our new little wee one with. I do have a very fine SLR that my Dad* gave me for my high school photography class that works great. However, I didn't want to wait until I developed the film to know that I didn't get the shot I wanted or that all the pictures I took were super crappy. Not to mention getting film developed is like returning a library book, there is always tomorrow. With babies that doesn't work so much, by the time the film gets back you have lost maybe weeks and can't recapture how small your little one was.

With the twins we were in survival mode for about two months, so I do have some pictures of them really small but they are really bad. My favorite pictures** of the twins are the one's Emilie took of them when they were six months old. I could kick myself that I didn't get them to her sooner for pictures.

For me photography is not like riding a bike, I have forgotten so much. Even at the height of my photo craze I still had so much to learn. So I'm posting these pictures from my first clumsy photo shoot with Jane and Kgordee, I know I have a long way to go but at least my subjects are very cute.

P.S. No matter how good I get through classes and practicing, my kids will never pose for me like they will for Emilie, it's a fact.

*Never mind that he had been waiting for years for one of his own. When his company sold their old cameras to him he gave it to me. Dad's are the best.

**I'll have to post some of these as they are so cute in another post.








No comments: