Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Magic little totes

I've discovered the wonders of the "toy tote" on my twin’s ability to focus on one or two toys at a time and then actually put them away when they are done. We went over to a friend’s house to play a few weeks ago and I discovered her secrets.

I have always stored the kid’s toys in large tubs and because of their size the kids dump one over and have four or five toys or toy sets to play with. This works for about a half hour and then there are toys everywhere and both Josh and Jane want to be entertained by me.

However when I started putting the toys in smaller tubs (with lids, there has to be a snap on lid) the twins started really playing with their toys. An added benefit to the smaller containers is the easy and manageable clean up, asking a child to clean up a room full of toys is painful, this however isn't, it take two seconds and then they can move on to the next set of toys.

I love it, no more toys strewn across my house for me to step on and since the wees don't take naps anymore I have some time to myself during the day. Oh how I love our new toy organization, it isn't perfect but it works.




2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Good call, mama!

Jessica said...

Good to know! Hard to imagine life without naps...